JOB VANCANCIES IN SCHOOL OF ICT AND MANAGEMENT
Posted Feb 04, 2020 | Hits: 19 | Stock No: #0288
The Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in ICT with a specialization in Computer science and Software Engineering.
A. SCHOOL OF ICT
JOB FAMILY: Academic - UNIVERSITY
TYPE OF CONTRACT Full- Time
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday 8am to 4p.m.
PROBATION: 6 Months
Qualification (ICT Department) PhD in Computer Science or any other IT related field. But applicants with a master's degree in computer science or any other IT related fields can also be considered.
Qualification (Management Department) PhD in Business Management, Accounting, Banking and Finance. Applicants with a Master's Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Banking and Finance or a related fields will NOT be considered.
Contact: [email protected]
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in ICT will:
• Plan, develop, and deliver Undergraduate and Postgraduate modules in areas relating to ICT, especially (but not limited to) Computer science and Software engineering.
• Assess students and stimulate them to have the opportunity to be engaged and challenged.
• Design appropriate assessment methods and ensure established standards are maintained and timescales adhered to.
• Provide constructive and timely feedback to students and other stakeholders and advise on areas of concern and suggest improvement.
• Supervise Undergraduate and Postgraduate dissertations and/or projects relating to ICT, especially in the areas of Computer science, Software Engineering and Information systems and Networking.
• Carry out research and scholarly activities in ICT, especially in the areas of specialization.
• Ensure research outcomes are relevant and applicable to key areas of teaching and benefit the students and the University.
• Contribute, where appropriate, to knowledge transfer, income generation and consultancy activities of the University.
• Develop new, and revise existing, undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes and modules to reflect latest developments in the subject areas.
• Communicate effectively with other Schools/Departments/Units within the University, and other relevant external institutions.
• Build strong collaborative relationships with industries, academics, research centres, and/or government institutions.
• Provide support, counseling and tutorials to students.
• Work co-operatively with academic colleagues as a member of teaching and research teams.
• Create a positive image of the University by being responsive and promptly responding to requests and enquiries.
• Develop syllabuses and learning materials as appropriate and in accordance with University quality enhancement policy and processes, professional body requirements and with the aim of creating interest and learning amongst students.
• Participate in the daily life of the School by being involved in different pedagogic tasks and creating synergy between teaching, research and learning.
• Contribute to the management tasks in the School if required.
• Collaborate with colleagues and others in relation to student recruitment and marketing initiatives.
• Participate in meetings, activities, and boards.
• Assist the Dean of the School in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study and the University.
• Receive, understand and convey complex conceptual ideas or complex information.
a) Giving a presentation to a group with diverse levels of understanding on a subject (e.g. Lectures, conference paper);
b) Presenting academic papers at workshops (internally or externally) or conferences;
c) Contributing to research group discussions regarding analysis of research, discussions with team members regarding scientific issues and problem solving;
d) Writing journal articles and material for publications;
e) Writing complex reports, letters or other documents dealing with complex, contentious and sensitive situations (e.g. writing a project plan for a committee, writing reports to grant awarding bodies on progress of research projects, preparing written analysis of research data);
f) Writing research grant applications.
• Contribute to the School’s co-ordination of programmes/modules through, for example, Module Co-ordinator responsibilities and/or to the management and administration of programmes.
• Support the School in achieving consistency of performance by being an effective team member contributing to appropriate committees as part of the programme and quality assurance and enhancement processes.
• Plan, prioritize and organize own work or resources to achieve agreed objectives.
• Monitor progress against agreed action plans.
• Contribute to the planning of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activity in an appropriate area and all related aspects.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager. The Dean can dedicate the position holder to participate in administrative posts beside the scientific activities.
• Fluency in English Language - Reading, Writing and speaking (ability to teach in English).
• Qualification: Minimum of a master’s Degree in Computer Science or any IT related Field obtained from a recognized institution of higher learning. A PhD is an added advantage.
• A strong knowledge of subject areas combined with a broad subject background and ability to contribute to teaching modules in areas of Healthcare Administration.
• The ability to teach across programmes, curricula and to deliver specialist options and to supervise dissertations and project works.
• Interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
• The ability to effect change in a positive way.
• A good team player with the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds.
• Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students.
• Commitment to continuous professional development, academic research and income generation.
• A consistent record of teaching feedback in ICT and/or in the relevant areas of specialization.
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
B. School of Business Management:
N.B Applicants must be holders of Ph.D in any of the following fields:
• Business Management;
• Banking and Finance.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested applicants are requested to email their CV to [email protected] by indicating the specific Vacancy Title: Instructor/Assistant Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.